Books and Magazines Illustrated by Kathleen Kemly:
- Molly, by Golly!
- 2012 by Dianne Ochiltree (Calkins Creek)
Good news about Molly, by Golly!
NLA/NEMA/MPLA Best New Children's Books of 2012 List
Kirkus Reviews: August 1, 2012
"Faces are broad and full of emotion, with Molly's strong brown face showing every nuance of determination and courage."
Booklist: October 15, 2012
"Kemly's richly colored double-page illustrations are filled with energy and action and extend the information about early-nineteenth-century life, especially techniques for fighting fires."
School Library Journal: October 2012
"Vibrant watercolor illustrations are filled with historical details; windmills, butter churns, cobblestoned streets, wooden houses with thatched roofs, and weather vanes capture the "small town" community in which everyone pitches in to avert crisis."
Publishers Weekly: August 20, 2012
"Kemly's snow-streaked illustrations show Molly as a woman of determination and strength, and a sense of both danger and heroism radiates from the story."
Good Reads with Ronna: August 7, 2012
"You will thoroughly enjoy the superb, vivid illustrations by artist Kathleen Kemly, who studied old fire equipment at the NY City Fire Museum before beginning her work."
- Benjamin Brown and the Great Steamboat Race
- 2011 by Shirley Jordan (Millbrook Press)
- A Mother's Song
- 2010 by Janet Lawler (Sterling Publishing Co.)
- You Can't Do That, Amelia!
- 2008 by Kimberly Wagner Klier (Calkins Creek)
- Golden Delicious: A Cinderella Apple Story
- 2008 by Anna Egan Smucker (Albert Whitman & Co.)
- Shannon and the World’s Tallest Leprechaun
- 2008 by Sean Callahan (Albert Whitman & Co.)
- A Fishing Surprise
- 2007 by Rae A. McDonald (NorthWord Books)
- God Made It for You!
- 2007 by Charles Lehmann (Concordia Publishing House)
- What Do You See When You See Me?
- 2002 by Jeannie St. John Taylor (Cook Communications)
Also Illustrated by Kathleen Kemly:
Woodkins — Kelly’s Great Day by Dawn Bentley (Hand Print Books) 2005
Kathleen has also created illustrations for leading magazines including:
- High Five
Other clients include:
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Macmillan / McGraw-Hill
- Mondo Publishing
- Morgan-Cain & Associates
- Sterling Children's Books
- Sundance Publishers
- The Wright Group